Here we go again…. another year of The Scruffy Soul Open Mic.
So what has an Open Mic got to do with a ‘spiritual journey’? Cos it certainly is not a ‘religious’ event!
John Coltrane said this: “My music is the spiritual expression of what I am – my faith, my knowledge, my being … When you begin to see the possibilities of music, you desire to do something really good for people, to help humanity free itself from its hangups … I want to speak to their souls”…. and that, in one sentence is what the Scruffy Soul Open Mic is all about.
- We like original material – music or poets.
- We have a wonderful acoustic venue with lighting and PA.
- We don’t have bar facilities for these evenings so we encourage people to bring a drink along.
- We open at 8, get on stage by about 830 and we finish about 11.
- And our audience are a lovely, attentive an appreciative lot.
We hope that you can join us.
We are at Windsor Baptist Church, Victoria Street, WIndsor, SL41EH.
If you would like any details, just drop us an email to email@example.com